GapmanGen3 is the latest generation of high precision, non-contact, portable electronic gap measurement gages. It includes a dual capacitive sensor for position-compensated measurement, an easy insertion into very thin gaps down to 0.0075” (0.190 mm) in a wide range of parallel and roller gap applications, and is micro-controller based with a software driven application. Gapman Gen3 records and stores data points for easy transfer to support Six Sigma and other quality programs.
GapmanGen3 is applicable to aircraft assemblies, composite structures, coaters/extruders, and roller gaps as well as industrial machinery.
- Target material – Measures gaps between all earth grounded metal and composite (CFRP) surfaces
- Remote vs integral sensor wands – Remote sensor wand kit available
- Accuracy – ± 0.5% FS
- Repeatability – ± 0.05% FS
- Resolution micron – 0.00001” (0.254 microns) / mm .0001mm / inches .0001”
- Calibration – Factory preset, traceable to NIST
- Thin gap sensor wands – Select from over 20 standard models, custom wands available
- Spring contact wand - Select from several standard models. For applications in which one or both of the target surfaces are uneven or nonconductive
- Control buttons – External buttons for units, set to standard, data, and delete with optional lockout
- Display – Bright blue alphanumeric active matrix OLED display, 128 x 64 pixel, 1.54” (39.12mm)
- Data output USB – USB Type A locking to standard USB cable
- Wireless – Blue Tooth v2.0 Class 1 10m standard, 30m optional with receiver
- Internal power – 3 AA batteries for battery life of 22 hours max, 1/3 less with wireless
- External power – USB Type A AC universal power adapter or laptop PC